Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 47 - MD (MovieDay) Caramel

I already mentioned that I'm feeling quite mediterranean lately, and I've to say also quite close to middle east. Don't ask me why. I just feel inspired.
So, the movie of today is Caramel.
Why I liked it:

Lifestyle: the story is in Beirut and is about 4 girlfriends who meet/work in a beauty saloon. The beauty saloon is not western style at all and this is something I really liked. Something curious, I hadn't any idea that caramel was used instead of wax. I found it interesting.
Friendship: the movie is about the relationship and the daybyday life of these women. It's about both big choices in life or small everyday things. But, at the end of the day it's all about sharing and feeling part of something. And friendship is really important for the characters (like it is for me :).
Kindness: the movie is really kind and not extreme. Compared with western movies, it is really livable without excess. Sometimes it might remind you of "sex and the city", for the friendship among the characters, but in a much lighter and real life way.

I wouldn't call the movie a masterpiece, but it's surely a good movie for a easy going night.

Well, let me know what you think!

As usual, here's the trailer

2 comments:

  1. Si que la vi, super bonita! Tenemos un viajecito pendiente a organizar la boda no? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. chicas... ;D

    Indeed nice movie... loved the fact that it doesn't refer to any of the political problems that has troubled Lebanon. Rather talks about the everyday life problems.

    I like the idea that the main actrice in the movie is also the director. I recommend you also watch her new movie "Where Do We Go Now?"

    Besides I used to prepare and use Caramel for hair removal...it's quite fun!!!

    ReplyDelete