Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 27 - Is it True that after the 2nd foreign language they become easier?

I've always heard this rumour, but I'm really wondering if this is true.
Is it easier to learn a language after you already learnt 2 others?
I'm going to approach my 4th one now, but 2 of them where Latin languages, so they are easier for me, and the other one is English. But I've been living 5 years in an English speaking country.
So, what's your experience here?
And...will I ever learn German? Would you bet on it? :)

5 comments:

  1. ?? Italian, Portuguese, English, Spanish.
    You are approaching the fifth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right, but I wouldn't count Italian ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paola, I've been learning 14th languages. Now I am learning with Japanese and believe me, it's tough. Especially after a long working day, you don't want to study but rather relax. After 1 year I can speak Japanese as a 1-year-old child (but do understand and read more). German is not easy, even being a Roman language. But you have all the time at the moment! You can make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 14 Languages? WOW You're my new hero!
    Sure I'll be doing my best, but I won't reach you anytime soon :)
    Please write something in Japanese!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha :) よろしくお願いいたします。

    ReplyDelete