Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 66 - Being Geek and The "Girls Geek Dinner"

I never defined myself as a geek, but I actually have to admit I am a geek :)
Well, I guess it's important to define what is a geek. See the Wikipedia definitions
. As you can see, there are many. The one I see myself in is the following:

"A person who is interested in technology, especially computing and new media".

Yeah, that's me :). And as a good geek, I'm in twitter, facebook and a lot of social media. Yesterday, while I was reading some tweets I discovered the Girls Geek Dinners.
I was curious and read a bit about this in the net and found it really interesting.

So, what is it? It is a dinner for girls who like to listen and to discuss about technology and to network. That's basically it, as simple as it seems.

It did start in the UK in 2005 from Sarah Blow and rapidly spread all over the world. Many cities have local dinners with tech lovers, that are sometimes sponsored.

I just saw there's one in Milan the 1st of July, I might actually try it out!
For more info (global):
http://girlgeekdinners.com/
https://twitter.com/#!/ggdworldwide

You can easily find your local GGD in twitter, Facebook and Google.

Have you ever been to a dinner? What's your opinion on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment