Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 58 - MD (MovieDay): Habemus Papam "We Have Pope"

I know, I said I was not going to talk about recent movies in this column. But I feel like talking about "Habemus Papam" directed by Nanni Moretti (English title "We have Pope")
Here are my thoughts on the movie:

The Man that become Pope: The main character is absolutely wonderful. It shows the fragility of man, of all of us and especially on the Pope. His humanity was brilliant.
Michael Piccoli: he totally deserved the Cannes Award for best actor. He was amazing. He's worthy the movie.
Nanni Moretti: I actually like Nanni Moretti, but sometimes I wonder how big is his ego and if he plays the role of the egocentric or really is. I didn't like his character in the movie, I think it was too much. I didn't like the scene in which they were playing volleyball, it wasn't that necessary, was it?
Todo Cambia by Mercedes Sosa: wonderful, just a great addition to the movie.

Have you watched it? What did you like/dislike?

Here comes the trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment