Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 16 - How Big is the Generation Gap, Technologically Speaking?

Lately I've been discussing with my nephiew (13) and niece (9) about a crazy idea: spending the summer together and studying how to write mobile applications for android. Obviously the idea is to study and practice and then to start offering them to the android market for free. I totally loved the idea and they also did (my niece already started writing her ideas on her own diary, btw, she's the creative director).
This makes us closer than what we are in other circumstances where I'm the adult and they are the kids. In this challenge, we're all at the same level (meaning zero :) and technology actually makes the generation gap quite insignificant, or at least, this is my impression.
Do you think that technology make the generation gap smaller or bigger?

No comments:

Post a Comment