Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 15 - Reading Eat, Pray, Love while in Rome. Did you like the book?

A few weeks ago I bought a book in the Frankfurt airport: eat, pray, love.
I didn't know anything about it, I just heard there was a movie with the same title. I started reading it while I was still working, 15 days before starting my gap year. I kept reading it quite slowly, just when travelling and I found myself reading it while landing in Rome and heading to Naples afterwards.
I felt the same freedom of Liz (the writer and main character of the book-movie) while in Rome and Naples. The book is probably a bit superficial, but on the other hand, is more on the feelings you might have when you're free and experiencing time with yourself and what you learn and are, and especially what you want to be, if known. I liked it and felt the same way. This also reminded me when I was working and living in Argentina. I kept asking questions "why this", "what does this mean". A good friend of mine told me: "why are you keeping asking questions like you were a child?". I loved it and I felt it's just a good way to learn, like being a child and discover. It's all about being open and asking yourself and others questions on both basic and complicated topics.
Have you read the book? Have you liked it?

This is the movie trailer, just as a reminder :)

1 comment:

  1. Amiga!!!! I loved that book! It might seem superficial at first but if you look for a deeper meaning you will find it for sure. It's about finding yourself and different parts of yourself too.
    Hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Though the movie was not at all what I expected, do me a favour and watch it after you finish the book..

    ReplyDelete